“DDA has informed that as on December 4 this year nearly 8,500 allottees, who were allocated flats under Housing Scheme-2014 have surrendered their flats,” Minister of State for Urban Development Babul Supriyo said in a written reply.
In majority of the cases, the allottees have not provided any specific reasons for surrender, he said.
Supriyo, however, said some of the reasons as reported included not liking the location or area of the allotted flats and not finding the built-up area of the allotted flats sufficient.
DDA has also informed that authority had decided to convert a large number of flats, which were to be built for economically weaker section category, to low income group residential units in the scheme.
The DDA had in September last year rolled out nearly 25,000 flats via a lottery system in suburban areas including Dwarka, Rohini and Narela.