Vastu Shastra, the traditional Hindu science of construction and architecture that deals with right placements to enhance abundance and prosperity, is becoming quite popular among the middle-class Indian households.
Vastu products like Sri Yantra (crystal pryamid), coupled with Feng Shui (a Chinese version of Vastu) items like wind chime, three-legged frog, lucky bamboo plant and hanging crystals are sold like hot-cakes in real as well as virtual worlds.
According to the principles of Vastu Shastra, if you please Kuber, the God of Wealth and get his blessings, you can improve your financial health.
BigWire gets into a conversation with Vedic astrologer Aarti Sareen,who is co-chairman of Indian Institute of Vedic Astrology, in Chandigarh on tips to increase your financial position:
1. Get rid of the clutter:
Clutter is said to encourage stress and tension among people living in the family. This is especially true for bedrooms. Make sure that places within the cupboards and under the bad are free from clutter.
Some people have a habit of storing things from the past. This clutter only stops you from accepting your present and welcoming the future.
2. Include Water element in your home:
Water is the key Feng Shui element which attracts well-being and prosperity. Keep the water free flowing and without any constraints as much as possible.
A water fountain can be placed in North-East and made sure that water in the fountain is always moving as it denotes flow of positive energy and wealth.
A fish aquarium can also be kept (which we insist) in the North-East portion of the living room. Always keep the fish aquarium clean and aerated.
Put pictures of water fountains, rivers or sea in the house which shows abundance of water.
3. Add plants:
Try to put some vases with coloured flowers like red or purple in the wealth areas of your house. Keep a money plant in a green vase, or hang a scenery showing a lush field/thick forest in the north zone. These will attract money and better career opportunities.
4. Add pictures of affluence:
To achieve your desires, add photographs of the things that you want most. Example, photographs depicting wealth and abundance, photographs of a new car or a plush house.
5. Feng Shui Colours for prosperity:
Feng Shui techniques recommend colours like red, green, gold and purple which have strong wealth affinity. Use them as wall colours in the wealth areas of your home.
6. Auspicious elements:
Place wind chimes on the ceiling, a big mirror in the dining room, hang crystal ball/s in the far left corner of the living room and coins attached with red ribbons etc. If you use coins, make sure to use them in combinations of 3, 6 or 8 which manifest money inflow.
1. The cupboard or safe for keeping cash and jewellery should be in the south or southwest direction. It should open towards the north (the realm of Kuber) which will keep it replenished.
2. Never have a dripping faucet or plumbing as it drains the finances of the house.
3. One of the famous methods to attract wealth is to place a mirror in front of your cash locker so that the mirror shows an image of cash locker.
4. Keep the North-East portion clutter free and open at all times. Avoid making staircase etc. in this portion. Never keep anything heavy suchlike machinery etc in the North-East corner.
5. Always make sure to keep the center of home as free area. Never make any construction (except a temple) in this part of a house as this is the Brahmasthan.
6. Always keep all doors and windows clean. If they are dirty then money flow might get obstructed.
8. Make sure to feed water and grains to birds in your yard, this attracts positive energy and wealth.